Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Barracks Updated
pinafore Gold Member
Joined 19/07/2001

Posted : Thursday, 12 February 2004 - 11:48

I thought about it for a while. I also talked with Morbius about this. Perhaps he will post something in the near future.

My opinion is that the additional barrack IS NOT a good idea when implemented as a "stand-alone" update. Now every game has only one goal: Get as much grey places as you can. I can be wrong but if a game starts with 10 players and 4 go inactive, a single guy could have 5 "castles" = 7 barracks without fighting for it.

Next thing is that an additional barrack should give us an advantage if we can afford it. I can have dozens of resource buildings but only one castle. For what do I overtake all those resources then?

And last but not least: Id have to rush an enemy from turn 1 on. If I win, I have an additional barrack. If I lose, theres STILL NO CHANGE to refill my army (although I have those 30 resource buildings)!

So, if wed allow an additional barrack WITHOUT castle dependency, then we would have an advantage. But now we have a disadvantage IMO!

Last Edited : Thursday, 12 February 2004 - 11:51

Raptor
Joined 15/08/2001

Posted : Thursday, 12 February 2004 - 17:56

how is all of this related to info news or an update please people reserve ur comments for other places as suggestion if u wish to change req mind or question about why req did that or general chit chat if u wish want to say ur option of this topic please stop even if u think this update is cool post it in general
thanks

Bazard
Joined 13/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 17 February 2004 - 23:37

*Lick lick*

I think this would be the PERFECT place to post problems with the updates that have been made.
__

I agree with pinafores (and Morbius) point of view. However I do not think it is as bad as they make out. If a person takes over the castle area of a person who quit or went inactive, they have gotten a castle for free strictly speaking, but they won't be able to hold it without fighting as there will be other players after it. I think this balances pinafores point on getting free extra barracks out to some extent.

Bazard

VonDodenburg Gold Member
Joined 20/11/2003

Posted : Friday, 20 February 2004 - 13:16

I still do not have extra barracks in Slow 21 and game 5. Why?

kingrichard
Joined 13/11/2002

Posted : Friday, 20 February 2004 - 17:13

press the "update baracks" button.

Nexus81
Joined 19/12/2003

Posted : Sunday, 23 May 2004 - 00:24

I say it is good ,because it would be more of a challenge when you attack ;plus you could transfer the smaller armies to make one big army and decimate.

thebiggoat374
Joined 18/06/2004

Posted : Friday, 18 June 2004 - 10:29

How do i get to the barracks?I'm new and need some help!!

sugarleo Gold Member
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Thursday, 24 June 2004 - 21:38

First thing to do if you're new to the game is read the manual, that will provide an answer to almost any question you have. But to answer your question, you must gain the required resources and use your 'commandeers' to build the extra barracks. Just click on the map in the location you want to build the barracks and a 'build' window will open for you, giving you a menu of available bldgs and the resources required.

Now something additional to take note of...
This forum is for notification/discussion of new game features, questions SHOULD NOT be posted here and comments to ANY topic in ANY forum chapter should be related to the topic title. If you need help, post any question you have in the forum chapter, 'question corner'. Everyone will be glad to help.

<<   1 2        
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums